View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 01:36 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Interesting that Trotz said in the paper that he probably shoud've given him more ice time earlier. Maybe he should start taking advice from us.

He should've given him more ice time last year. People talk about how much he struggled last year, but I think he just wasn't given much of an opportunity. When the Vowel line didn't produce much after the first couple of games, Trotz sent Erat to 4th line / healthy scratch role. It's hard to make an impact playing <10 minutes a game on 4th line. Because Erat could clear waviers, he took the blame for the vowel line not producing at the start of the season (when it was mainly Arkhipov). His confidence was at a low in Milwaukee.

I'm glad to see Erat getting an opportunity again and making the most of it. However, if we want to maximize Erat's ability, he needs a goalscorer to play with. Erat's not a scorer at this point, and he's not going to grow into one overnight. However, he does have soft hands, so it's not out the question that he will develop better goalscoring ability IN TIME. At present, he needs a goalscorer to play with. In my dream world, we somehow acquire Patrick Marleau and they complement each other very well.