View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Crappy 1st period, very good 2nd period and after a shaky start to the 3rd period we controlled the game really well. We might be the only team that will take two penalties in the past seven minutes when being up by five goals though. Guess it was good for our pk to get some practice, they sure could use it based on how they've played lately.

Giroux and Hartnell really picked up their games. Hope they can continue like this from here on. I like what I see from Schenn as well. He didn't get any points tonight, but he doesn't hesitate on what to do. He was having a tough time winning a faceoff, but he was up against Gaustad most of the times I believe.

Good for Bryzgalov to shut the door after that terrible second Sabre goal.

So, if none of our sick/injured players are able to return for the next game... we'll call up Holmstrom and Scrabbles I suppose? Hartnell-Giroux-Read, Simmonds-Couturier-Voracek, Wellwood-Schenn-Talbot, Shelley-Holmstrom-Zolnierczyk. That's a pretty decent forward lineup still.

I wonder what they'll do with Bourdon and Gustafsson. I'm guessing they'll send Gustafsson down when Meszaros returns. If we could keep them both up, that might be a good idea though. I think Bourdon could stand to be rested once in a while down the stretch, and I'd rather have Gustafsson as his replacement than Lilja. Not sure what implications that would have cap-wise though. It might hurt our chances of adding some other piece before the deadline's passed.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote