View Single Post
Old
02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Philly and LA have seem to make good trading partners wonder if a deal like this would work

JvR and Carle(UFA) for Johnson and one of Penner(UFA)/Stoll(UFA)? Minor pieces can be added but would this be a base for a workable deal? JvR and JJ have similar upsides for their positions. The UFA swap would fill the need for the other team and even out the trade.

I don't see Carle back with Philly next season because high price tag will be pretty high. JJ would take his spot on a similar deal JvR has now. I would prefer Stoll but I could see why L.A. would want to get Penner the heck out of town. Would probably be risky move for Philly trading JvR because it would be the third time in less than a year that the team signed a younger player to a long term deal only to flip him just afterwards. Not actually the message you want to send to your RFAs to be but I would love to get JJ in the O&B.
You're right on the partners thing but we wouldn't want Carle back. Maybe something just JvR and Johnson, with a little fine tuning.

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote