View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Hey Fish, you should try to upgrade the center position for the habs...I got LeCavilier for Perreault and a first rounder......great trade in my mind.
I have tried to get 2 big name top line centers in Allison and Forsberg, but I had to settle for Klatt and Hejduk instead. I played a game against Boston, lost 3-2(winner was scored with 54 seconds left), and found out Hejduk will miss 5 weeks with bruised ribs, so I decided not to save the game. Good news is Sundstrom is back. Now I need Zednik and Koivu back. My centers aren't bad. When I have a full lineup, I have Koivu, Comrie, Oates and Juneau. Juneau was scratched for much of the year, but called him up when Kilger wasn't cutting it at center, and he has made a great 4th line with Kilger on his wing, and whoever the other winger is. It was Klatt for the longest time, but now I think its Begin. Right now my lines are like this....

Chistov-Bulis-Hejduk
Hossa-Comrie-Sundstrom
Thomas-Oates-Hlavac
Begin-Juneau-Kilger

Markov-Tverdovski
Boynton-Komisarek
Souray-Hainsey

Theodore
Storr

A healthy lineup would be....

Chistov-Koivu-Sundstrom
Zednik-Comrie-Hejduk
Thomas-Oates-Hlavac
Begin-Juneau-Kilger

Bulis and Hossa just aren't playing well, so they are done for the year, barring injuries. I regret giving up Holmstrom, even though he is still out for 8 or 9 weeks, because he would fill in nicely on the 4th line, although I am impressed with Begin right now. Another thing, with Koivu out I made Souray my captain, and Komisarek leads the team with a +14. Actally, Hejduk is +80 or something, but that all came with Colorado.