View Single Post
Old
02-17-2012, 06:30 AM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Actually I'll bow to our friends from Philadelphia who may remember more clearly, but I certainly don't recall Jeff Carter playing a "full" season at RW. I do recall him playing portions of seasons at wing with Richards at one time and perhaps Briere at others. The general set-up over those latter years was Briere at wing with Richards and Carter as your 1 and 2 or vice versa. When Giroux came into his own about a third of the way thru last season, Richards essentially became a 3rd line center playing lots with Carcillo and Versteeg, when he came over from Toronto. When Carter was at wing for those short periods of time during his stay in Philadelphia, my sense was he didn't look (or play) too happy. He's also not great on the boards with his body which was often complained about by fans in Philadelphia. However, I stand to be corrected if wrong on this, and still contend that Nash would be a far better fit in LA than Carter. The very last thing you want is 3 top line centers vying for prime ice time.
Carter played all of last season on Giroux's wing. The Briere line was intact the entire season with Harts and Leino, Roo/Carter were together with either JvR or Zherdev but it was always Roo/Carter. Richie had the leftovers.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote