View Single Post
Old
02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Also, please consider this my formal appeal regarding the previous penalties for failing to set my lineups. I think I've made my concerns abundantly clear. While I recognize it has the potential to impact playoff standings, when it's a day here and there (as opposed to say going MIA for an 3 days in one matchup) we are talking about 1 or 2 points realistically when things go wrong for me. Yes, there's the potential for those 1 or 2 points to mean the difference between making or missing the playoffs. However, the odds of me actually affecting seeding, let alone who wins the league, seems miniscule to me. I'm not saying it's okay, but I do feel that a 2nd round pick is a drastic response to what is [in my view] a small infraction.

Also, I will endeavour to set my lineups on a weekly basis, but the reality is I forget on Sunday to do it for the week too. I often remember to do lineups late (e.g. post-1am when I get home from work) and don't have the motivation to set them for the week at that hour. I've actually them 3-weeks in advance once before when I remembered and had time, but those situations are rare (and consequently lead to me missing things like say...Crosby's return to hockey). I'm bad at remembering to do it during 'regular hours,' and so it gets put off. Not saying this is acceptable, but it is how things happen for me. You can make your own judgement regarding that as to whether or not it means I care about the league enough. As for the alternate manager strategy, if anyone knows of a manager that would be interested in setting lineups but willing to leave complete control of the long term strategy (i.e. roster control) in my hands, I would be more than happy to have them on-board for the duration of this season (and quite likely into future seasons).

Edit: Please don't take this as me trying to rehash the argument. I've said most of the above before, and have (I think) heard the counter-arguments. I've been advised that a formal appeal might be considered, and that this was the way to do it. I think an appeal without grounds would be a bit empty, so I'm restating my previous viewpoints. I know many of you disagree with me on these points, and am hoping to respectfully disagree without provoking drama. I await the tribunal/commissioners' judgement (whatever process gets taken?).

Last edited by BrockH: 02-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.
BrockH is offline   Reply With Quote