New Wild pre-deadline Master Plan
View Single Post
02-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Billy Mays Here
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
As far as our deadline plan goes, I think we need to capitalize on a sellers' market.
1. Obviously, we all know the Zidlicky situation. He needs to go, but I'm sure we can get at least a 2nd and decent prospect plus maybe even a rostered player that might be nice.
2. Zanon, get rid of him, trade him for a 4th maybe? Get something for him IMO, he isn't doing anything here.
3. There seems to be a lot of interest from Pitt fans in Setoguchi, I don't think he should be untouchable, he's been playing well, see if we can get some sort of overpayment from them otherwise, we can hang onto him, but I think we'd be foolish to not look at all of our options.
4. Trade Brodziak. I love what he brings, but we need to trade him for futures at this time. He's been a great player for us, but we don't need another guy like him at this time, we're going through a transitional phase. I don't want to see more than $2.5M going to this guy.
5. Everyone is available for the right price, dangle some guys and hope for an overpayment and just continue to build for next year and the years beyond.
I think we need to give up the playoff hope because we are currently sitting 6 points out (with a game in hand). The current playoff pace is actually rather low sitting at about 92 points, but that could rise up here (we can conservatively say it takes about 94-95 points to make it). We would have to get 1.44 points a game to make it right now. I don't see how we can do this with where we are at. We need to sell and build for next year.
No way to we trade Seto. That would look bad on Fletcher's part considering he hasn't even been here a year yet. The top line is finally playing like a top line and I'm not willing to break that up.
Billy Mays Here
View Public Profile
Billy Mays Here's albums
Find More Posts by Billy Mays Here