View Single Post
Old
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
forthewild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I wonder if Yeo's system is wearing down forwards not just over the game but through the season. Early on the Wild would be flying and aggressive and doing fine with scrubs on D, but later in the year the forwards just aren't winning those battles and being aggressive. Then the team gets stuck in their end, takes bad penalties, and gives up goals far more often.

Getting younger next year should help quite a bit, but I'd have to think adding a stud defenseman in addition to Brodin would be a huge help for the team. To be able to get the puck out as well as defend properly under pressure rather than taking penalties and/or icing the puck.
i think our D has been the biggest issue in wearing down our forwards. when we were flying our D did a good job of getting the puck out thus focusing the attack in the offensive zone and letting our guys be the attackers. on our long losing slid (minus the few games we looked good) we've had trouble getting the puck out of the zone leaving our guys chasing after the puck and getting gassed, when you have a few of those shifts in a row it takes a lot out of you, when you combine that with some penalty filled games and being on the road a ton it all adds up and leaves a worn hockey player.

having some dman who can break up the play in our zone and get it out will help and Brodin is the guy who can do that, but it will take more then him to get it done.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote