View Single Post
Old
02-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You completely ignored my explanation. Again. Did you read my whole post? Why not address it?
i didn't ignore your explanation, i don't agree with your acceptance of the poor Defense when Bryz plays.

i read the whole thing & addressed the poor D on goal #1

Quote:
There are 3 other players on the ice besides the defensemen. I believe Giroux looked pretty out of position on that one. Giroux isn't all that great defensively, so that's what you get.

Here's the thing: One shouldn't be too shocked when that happens with the way our team plays defense. Our personnel simply aren't as good at it as they were one or two years ago. So, that sort of play is expected to a degree.

If we still had Mike Richards and he was playing as poorly defensively as Giroux has this year, then I'd be pretty damned upset with him; He's paid and expected to be much better than that.

When Giroux (or Briere) is on the ice, with his defensive ability, it shouldn't be surprising that a lot of cross crease passes are allowed. It sucks, but it's reality.

It isn't acceptable, but the expectations in each situation are different. One situation is less acceptable than the other.
OK, here is everything you said in defense of the team leaving Pominville wide open, and you unhappily 'accept' it ....

how 'great defensively' does an NHL player need to be to figure out that you need to make sure you don't leave an NHL player ALL ALONE at the bottom of the circle for a cross ice one timer ??? is this something they learn after 10 years in the league??

'that's what you get' ???? wow ..... i can't believe someone who holds Bryz to such a high standard that he gets criticized when he gets a shutout, simply says 'that's what you get' to such an atrocious lapse in coverage, especially after the way they left Bob hung out over the weekend and got skewered for it ... they suddenly 'forgot' that you can't leave a guy WIDE OPEN like that over the last 2 years??

when Bob plays:
Quote:
If the defense isn't very different the result will be the same
Quote:
It would be nice to still have Nodl to be defensively responsible on the 4th line.
Quote:
If this D doesn't tighten up, could be in the first round.
when Bryz plays: 'that's what you get' 'It sucks, but it's reality' 'the expectations are different'

-----------------------
No. In my view, it is NEVER acceptable for a guy to be THAT wide open in an NHL game. or my stree ice or roller hockey games.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote