View Single Post
Old
02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
One Man Wolfpack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Unlike many people, I definitely do understand this year is an off-year for Schenn, just like the season was for JVR until he got injured. He was really solid for you guys last season, and with more consistency that comes with age, he could be a really good top 3-4 defender for years to come. The whole brother thing is also making it more attractive. I'm sure Luke and Brayden would really thrive in that kind of environment. JVR has shown glimpses of what he can do. If you watched the playoffs at all, he was literally putting the team on his shoulders and embarassing Chara, arguably the best defender in the world.
If the deal does in fact go through, I'll reserve judgement for at least a couple of years as to who, if anyone, won.
Thank you for a NON homer response. I did watch that series. I consider myself somewhat of a "Flyers Fan". I also know and have seen what JVR COULD become. Hense my interest for the Leafs. I also know that having BOTH Schenn brotheres would be special to, as again why I would be interested in Brayden to the Leafs. If anyone hasn't seen Luke when he's "On" though, they wouldn't be able to appreciate why a trade could work. If he was a Flyer with the history the flyers have in the players that the fanbase covet. If not a Leaf, Luke Schenn screams Flyer to me. Thats just me though.

One Man Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote