bad chi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
Arrbez selects Harry Watson, LW

PMing next GM
Thanks for making my pick for me.

Inglewood is pleased to welcome Hall Of Fame LWer Harry Watson into the fold. I really like what Watson brings to my team in a number of areas. Offense, defense, skating, hitting, fighting, leadership, board work, clutch play...Watson was a beauty.

He was a very reliable goal scorer, placing as high as 2nd in the NHL. In the 10 year span from 1947-1956, only Richard, Howe, and Lindsay scored more goals.

He was massive for his day (6'1, 200+), but had very good speed. He was a feared fighter and bodychecker, but played a very clean game that rarely saw him take penalties. He was very effective at checking the opposition's top forwards, and had documented success in this regard against Gordie Howe. He played a prominent role on 5 Stanley Cups with 2 franchises, and was often notable for his clutch play at both ends of the rink in the post-season.

Instead of posting a massive page of quotes, I'll just link you to seventieslord's bio for him from 2010: [full bio here, it's good stuff]

Also important is that everyone can be a big happy family again now that Rod Brind'Amour will be centering my 3rd line