Thread: Doug Weight?
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Samsonov is in almost the exact same situation except Weight actually shows up most nights, and can do more things not to mention can play all 3 forward positions. You would rather have Samsonov than Weight? That's like wanting to keep Roenick over Forsberg.

Weight would be a perfect linemate for Jeff Carter
Totally agree with this. Watching Samsonov (I'm not a B's fan, but I live here, so...) is incredibly frustrating sometimes. He can handle the puck well, but then he does nothing with it most of the time. Half the time he just ends up turning it over. He'll be out there, moving the puck around like mad, then suddenly it's just gone and the other team has it. That doesn't strike me as useful...and I think he'd be a bit more expensive to acquire, asset wise, then someone like Weight.

Anyway, I'd much rather see Weight here than Samsonov, if only for his creativity and playmaking skills. That's what the Flyers truly lack, a secondary playmaker (after Forsberg). And as has been stated, I'm not sure he'll cost any team too much. I'd be more than willing to part with Seidenberg and some draft picks for him. IMHO Meyer and Jones have both passed Seidenberg this year on the ice. Meyer especially, although Jones has played well at times also.