View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 01:49 PM
igor*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
My question to everyone here is who is a better substitute for these situations?
Well, its the same forwards when the other D are out there, and they are doing much better.

As for who else should be playing the special teams minutes:

On the powerplay ... a forward and either Bergeron or Brewer on the first unit powerplay. Semenov in 4on3 and 5on3 powerplays. The other D shouldn't get a sniff at the top unit.

2nd unit doesn't matter so much ... outside if DET nobody's 2nd PP unit does more than about 10% net anyways. Mostly just make sure they don't give up a SH marker, and be ready for the guy coming out of the box.

On the PK:

Brewer is the best guy IMO, he moves forward a bit too much for my liking, but he's strong enough to clear big guys from the front of the net. He seems to simplify his game on the PK ... and aside from the occasional blunder, seems like the most reliable guy out there for the Oil. Him and Janne did well together on the PK last year, and they seemed to face the first minute or so of it a lot (i.e. the tough part). I really like Cross on the PK too. I have no problem with any of Smith, Staios and Fergie, even Semenov ... just not for as much ice-time, and not as much time against the other team's top unit.