View Single Post
Old
02-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
dubinsky, at his cap hit, vs prust at his cap hit, and the fact that prust defends his team on a night in and night out basis by fighting anyone to protect his guys, to me makes prust more valuable.

overall, i think prust probably brings more winning aspects to his game right now than Dubi does. dubi has looked lost out there...a lot.
Your expectations of Dubinsky are higher, and justifiably. He's a far superior hockey player. However, an underachieving Dubinsky is still a better hockey player than a baseline Prust (and by the way, Prust hasn't been very good this season for most of this season either, although he'd been hurt. He's picked it up a bit lately).

I can't really speak to the two guy's relative value salary-wise, because I've always thrown all thoughts of salary out the window when I think of a guy's performance on the ice. All that matters to me is where the guy fits on the roster when they play the games. I switch on the thoughts about salary when we're talking about trades or off-season roster building.