Thread: News Article: Selanne
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 500
Selanne

Just thought I'd share this with you, a short news article (in Finnish) about how he feels right now about his playing and possible future.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/vastus...449869075.html

Translated:

-------------

"The 41-year old Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selšnne says he is still playing, because it's working.

He could on principle still keep on playing after this season.

- Most of the games feel like how they did when I was 25 years old. So why can't I continue. At some point it has to be called quits and preferably in a situation where you know you could keep on playing for many years.

He doesn't want to end his career because someone tells him he can't keep up with the younger players.

According to Selšnne, the "this is the last season" mentality works well, because that's when he gets the best out of himself.

- I enjoy playing every day and the greatest compliment is the positive feedback from opponents.

In Newark, a couple of Devils players told him before the game how they've followed him since they were kids and how it's an honor to play with him.

- That's the greatest compliment, when opponents thank you for all you've done.

---------------------

Don't know if this means anything one way or another, just thought I'd share this about the player we all love.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote