View Single Post
Old
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Why would they want to come back? Scuderi got a big payday after his SC performance. Mitchell was coming off having his eggs scrambled. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy to keep both of them, but honestly I don't see them wanting to stay with this organization. Why would they?
Defense isn't a problem, they wouldn't lose value, they are established here, and they will continue to be paid handsomely.

Scuderi has already won and has young children, shouldn't be too difficult to sign him to another long term deal to the tune of what he is already making.

Mitchell doesn't warrant a raise, he is being paid fairly. We blew everyone out of the water and outbid Vancouver to get him. He was impressed and felt good about Lombardi's value of him. I don't think signing him to another 2 year deal would be that difficult either. The rumblings are that that may already be in the works.

In the end, we have no reason to believe either way. There is no reason to believe they won't sign other than to perpetuate your own frustrations and fears with this organization onto them, but things are a lot different in the locker room, when you are 30+ making millions with a family. I don't see how Dean can't convince them to stay. There is no use worrying about it now, that is something for the offseason, not the deadline.

ďWe still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.Ē - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote