View Single Post
Old
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
I agree with this post except I'm not so sure that Wingels is a better option than Mitchell for the 3rd line in the playoffs.

The only kind of tade I see DW making is a young PMD (Demers/Braun) for a young winger. Too bad Minnesota didn't want Demers/Braun instead of Setoguchi.

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Clowe - Couture - Setoguchi
McGinn - Moore - Havlat
Desjardins - Handzus - Mitchell

Vlasic - Boyle
Murray - Burns
White - Demers/Braun

Looks good to me.
IMO, White is losing ground in the coach's eyes. I am waiting to look at minute distribution on Braun and Demers when Demers gets back. Compare it to Vandy and White. I wouldn't be surprised to see Demers/Braun as bottom pair in the playoffs and I am pretty sure Braun is ahead of Demers in the coach's eyes (mine as well for defensive coverage).

I am looking at Wingels' cycle play. He is slightly over McGinn but McGinn is better for scoring touch. Wingels is also trusted with higher matchups.

The last part of the season should show us where the coaches are placing their trust.

I agree with your take on liking to rework the trade. Minnesota probably should have thought twice about it although they have multiple holes in their lineup.