View Single Post
Old
02-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
IMO, DW is done dealing for bottom 6. If he gets a top 6, Havlat or Clowe moves down taking one of those slots. I like Winchester, but coaches rarely make players like Winchester regulars in a playoff lineup. They go for guys with more offensive skill like Wingels or Ferriero. With the way it has gone, I actually think Mitchell, Winchester, Wingels and Ferriero will rotate. That rotation is a compliment to Winchester who has shown that he is far more than an enforcer. The rotation is a negative to Mitchell who has shown that he doesn't maintain the cycle well consistently. If I were TM with their current play, I would have Wingels on 3rd line and Mitchell on 4th. Any slippage, Winchester. Last resort, Ferriero. I like McCarthy as well for his cycle and defense, but I don't think the coaching staff does and I think he has the least scoring promise of all of them.
I think DW is done overall except maybe moving a contract out. Coaches definitely go for more offensive skill in the lineup for the playoffs but Winchester has brought that. He is one of the guys that does well at holding the puck in the offensive zone and creating some plays in limited time. I see no reason to bench him in the playoffs when he brings size, possession, and chances as a 4th liner.

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
McGinn-Moore-Handzus
Winchester-Desjardins-Mitchell/Wingels/Sheppard/Ferriero

There's your rotation. You keep the guys in when it comes to the bottom six that know and have shown they can get and maintain zone time and Winchester-Desjardins do that regularly.