View Single Post
Old
02-18-2012, 02:57 PM
PavelDatsyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I admit, I don't watch a lot of Heatley, but it seems he plays well when playing the Blues. I like his size too. What don't you like about him ?
Heatley is slow, one of the slowest players in the league. Not only that, he can't skate; his edges are poor as well, and he doesn't even use his slow speed. He coasts. He needs puck carriers and puck retrievers and set up men on his line or else he can't bring much to a team since he can't create his own chances. However, he is blessed with a wicked shot and an even better release and he's been fortunate his whole career in playing with players who excel in the above categories.

He's very similar to Stewart as a player, but with a better shot and release, and a little less "effort" or more on ice "laziness" if you can believe it.

On a side note, Petro is doing everything he needs to be doing this game. The puck is on his stick for less than a second most of his touches. Just such a smart player, one of those that will continue to surprise you every game even when you think you know all about him.

PavelDatsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote