View Single Post
Old
01-19-2006, 09:26 PM
sansan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC
Fans who expect their team to compete for a Cup don't have to argue about ice time for the likes of Jeff Carter, Donald Brashear, Chris Therien, Brina Savage, and Randy Jones.

The Flyers have a nice first line.

They have no other forwards who are legitimate Stanley Cup second line forwards.

I like Richards and Kapi (of course) and some of the other guys but they are NOT championship second liners.

Did you notice who started their second power play? Richards, Sim, and Carter. Not the kind of personnel who will beat Ottawa in a playoff series, and the Rangers, neither, I dare say, and maybe not Buffalo.

They are where they are because their young players carried them early on but not much Sim or Umberger or Richards on the scoreboard lately. Adrenalin can take you through 20 or 30 games but not through a whole campaign.

The Flyers need to acquire some real second line forwards.
Agreed, although I also think with all the injuries, there's a total lack of chemistry between the lines. I'm sure Clarke is looking into possible options but I think a lot of it depends on whether Primeau comes back...Tough situation with these injuries.