View Single Post
Old
02-18-2012, 05:45 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupfortheSharks View Post
I don't think you have to wait. White started off on the 2nd pairing for the Carolina game, but he ended up with slightly less minutes than Braun. That tells me he's still getting the nod because of his experience (at least over Braun) but he isn't getting it done on the ice.

I agree we are going to find out down the stretch. Wingles has a whole 17 games of NHL experience. I don't think we've seen enough to really know what we have. I see him getting a chance on the 2nd line and he's looked pretty good. I'm just not ready to hand him the job yet. He has to show some consistancy before I would want to trust him with more minutes in the playoffs.
I agree on the consistency issue for Wingels. Time will tell. I think they are fed up with Ferriero for that issue because he has been given chance after chance.

What they have been doing since Murray went down is making sure they have one of Vlasic, Burns or Boyle on the ice and rotate the rest. The only guy who hasn't appeared with one of those three is Braun. It probably doesn't matter who starts with Burns because TM starts enacting the rotation quickly. He was using Vlasic/White a bit. The TOI is a giveaway especially ES TOI. And, White is getting smoked on PK numbers as well as the last two games being on ice for 5 of 6 ES goals against (a lot of primary and secondary faults to White on those goals by eyeball). I wonder when evenhanded evaluation will win out over hardheadedness in lineup decisions.