Thread: Mike Keenan
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
loveshack2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
I just looked up which draft Sidney Crosby is elagible for, and its the 2005 (I thought it was the 2006). In that case I'd change my stragaty with the trading a bit. Still move all the vets I've talked about (which would also get the Leafs at least a 14th pick in 2004, which would get you a solid prospect) but load up on first round picks for the 2005 draft, trade down if they have to etc.... and go for Crosby. He'd be the player I was targeting.

Ok fine. Obviously you have your opinion and that's not going to change. But please if you wouldnt mind to back up your position, could you name a team in the NHL that was good, then blew itself up, rebuilt, and has become good again? The only one that I can think of off the top is Vancouver but it's taken them about 8yrs to return to respectability and they didnt even draft any of their most important players (Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi, Jovanovski, Cloutier). And although they're a good team, they havent' made it back to the finals yet.

However if we look at the teams that do win the Cup such as Detroit, Colorado, New Jersey and Dallas what do you we find? Right, veteran-laden squads. Heck look at Anaheim after years of mediocrity, last year they added some quality veterans named Neidermayer, Thomas, Oates, and Ozolinsh. They go on to the Cup finals and those players were huge performers for them in the playoffs.