View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

vCash: 500
I'm kinda bored right now so I was looking at the upcoming draft and Bradley Beal looks like a really intriguing pick. He is projected to be a top 10 pick and he is just 17 years old right now. Plays a shooting guard position and listed at 6'4 and roughly 205 lbs. Not the ideal shooting guard size but it should be good enough. But from what I've read, he is an excellent shooter from mid and long range and has smooth mechanics. He is good coming off screens and spotting up and despite his size, he is a good defender with a high IQ and a good enough passer. His comparison have been Ray Allen which is absolutely fantastic. He isn't a great ballhandler though and doesn't have that quick 1st step (not really a tremendous athlete in general but good enough).

Could be a really good pick if you're comfortable with DeMar at 3.

EDIT: Lamb looks a bit similar but seems to be a much better athlete. 6'5 but he's got a thin frame (doesn't get to free throw line enough due to his frame) and there are some questions about his decision making but he could be another great pick. Should go in the top 5.

EDIT: Marshall is a 6'4 PG who is a pure passer and probably the best one in College. Nice size for a PG, good leadership, high IQ, ball handling and passing abilities but he is poor at scoring whether that's around the rim or shooting. Doesn't have great quickness either. He should go around the 15 mark. If you trust he can overcome his scoring deficiencies, this is a great pick.

Last edited by Nasty Nazem: 02-19-2012 at 12:44 AM.