View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 05:21 PM
rabi_sultan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky01
I'm starting to think all the scoring that happens is coming from forwards not coming back. And faceoffs have a huge play in your goals against. What is a bad sign is as soon as the defenseman gets the puck in our zone the oilers forwards are going full speed ahead(and yes, they can all skate fast ). So that means if the dman should happen to give the puck away, it 3 on 1.
thats true i just wish i could see some oiler games so i could argue this point completely the only thing i can go on is assumption, reports and commentary.

but for sure yes both factors do make a huge difference perhaps with the forwards knowing there is a weakness in the outlet pass they shouldn't be going gungho to the opposing blueline hoping that good ol' Cory Cross and Steve Ferguson bring the puck up with them coz somebody should tell 'em that half the oilers don't move like Bryan Berard or Brian Leetch.

As for the faceoffs yes I was pointing out last year about how important puck possession is to the oilers as if the opposition hasn't got the puck how can they score?

To me this is bad coaching between defense and forwards if what you say is true which ultimately lays blame IMO to MacT, we wanted goals well Craig Simpson provided it so you can't fault him for that.