View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 01:45 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I don't disagree about Reaves looking great on that 4th line, but Porter deserves more than he's getting too (healthy scratch). Crombeen has to play well or he really doesn't deserve to be in the line-up.

Say Steen were ready to come back. Who do you scratch?
I thought Porter was solid to begin the year, and he has had a couple of really good games when the rest of the team was asleep; but he's come back down to earth a bit, if you can say that about a 4th liner. He's made some doofy plays lately. He and Crombeen are about equivalent in my mind except that Porter is a bit more aggressive and a bit more prone to mistakes, while Crombeen can fight. Crombeen also has a much better shot, but it rarely makes an appearance. Even if Crombeen deserves less, I really don't think Porter deserves more than what he has gotten or is getting.

And, absolutely, Crombeen is the guy I'd scratch upon Steen's return. Reaves kills at his role. In reality, Reaves may be more likely to be scratched, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. One of them could heat up or cool down and make the choice easy.

rumrokh is online now   Reply With Quote