View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Get the youtube videos and visions of Nash posterizing Henrik out of your head.

He's overrated. You're hedging your bets on Nash becoming a 35-plus goal scorer simply by pairing him with Richards or on the top line.

Easier said than done. Rangers fans should know this. Watch Nash go goal-less in his first 8 or 9 games, loaf on a backcheck, and all of a sudden, your 7.8 million dollar guy is playing with Brian Boyle and Ruslan Fedotenko.

Plus, nobody seems to mention that his natural position is right wing, even though he's a LH shot.

So you're going to break the bank for a massively overpaid guy who has never won anything in 10 years, gut your assets in half, and either play him out of position or displace Gaborik or Callahan from the top-6?

Nope. No thanks. Nash is a good player. A very good player, but he's not an elite player you acquire to become a perennial Cup contender or Cup winner. I dont buy into the whole "his teams have stunk" hogwash one bit. For a 1st overall pick who played almost his entire career in the post-Dead Puck era, one season of 70-plus points doesnt cut it.
Ugh dude. Why. I had just finally come around on the get Rick Nash to NYR train. Then you go ahead and give me nightmares about that. I can just see ever vein in Torterellas head looking like it will burst as he lets a fit of rage fly at Rick Nash for not back checking.