View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Joey24

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
You're avoiding my posts?....then why did you even bother responding to this one?.........Steve Sullivan was already a very effective player in Toronto just that Pat Quinn wasn't using him properly like with current players like captain Mats Sundin........I'm almost willing to bet anyone in here that IF the Leafs decided to trade away Sundin to another club you would start to see this guy tear up the League in scoring causing Leafs fans everywhere to ask; "Why wasn't he scoring like this when he was playing for Toronto?".........If you don't believe me here on this point then ask yourselves this question; "Why is it everytime Mats Sundin plays for the Swdish National Team he's ALWAYS their best player?"...and this is with guys like Forsberg and Naslund playing on their team.........

Jason Smith wasn't yet the player with Toronto that he is today with the Edmonton Oilers but this just proves another point about Pat Quinn and that is he doesn't have the patience to be dealing with young hockey players....if he has a choice between a young player and a veteran, 9-times-out-of-10 Pat Quinn goes with the Vet........everybody in here keeps talking about how we need somemore help on our defence and how much better would it be if we had Jason Smith playing there?................

Last year we had Trevor Kidd as our backup........The Leafs were one of the better teams in the NHL with a winning record HOWEVER Trevor Kidd had a losing record and NOT ONLY THAT....Not only that BUT in 11-NHL seaons Trevor Kidd has had a winning record in ONLY 2 seasons of play....that's enough about Kidd I have nothing else to say here on the matter.

Cheers!~

monkey_00
Monkey I am doing anything but avoiding your posts. I didn't like the Sullivan move either but at the time Quinn was going bigger because of the way the leafs got bullied by the Devils the previous season. The Jason Smith deal was done because he wasn't doing anything for us. Smith was playing a step below what Jackman is playing now and didn't look like he would stick with the club at all, or be the player many thought he would be.
I am surprised you guys aren't calling Quinn down for getting rid of Cory Cross. I mean look how good he's playing for the Oilers now. What's all this talk about players like Trevor Kidd and such? Kidd has had family problems and also played for some bad teams. When Trevor Kidd is on his game he is good. Would I rather Kidd over Cory Shwab? Probably not. Am I unhappy we have Kidd? No, not really because Belfour is going to eat up most of the games any how soo it's not really a big deal and if Kidd falters we have Telly to back him up that's even if the leafs decide to keep Kidd around. Oh PS monkey don't come on here saying stuff that I am avoiding peoples posts because I never have and never will and if someone calls me on somthing I'm there to back up what I bealive to be right and if I am proven wrong 10 out of 10 times I am willing to admit it. Are you? oh and I don't even know what post your referring to so try enlightning me on what I am suposedly avoiding please.