View Single Post
Old
01-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Blindside9711

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
I really don't mind this deal. Nedved can be soft, but he also has good hands and let's face it, nobody in Phoenix was really lighting it up this year besides maybe Doan and his uber-streakiness.
This gives the Flyers a bona fide 2nd line scoring/playmaking centre and takes some pressure off Richards and Carter to provide secondary scoring. Maybe put Knuble on a line with Nedved because Mikey's tailed off a bit since a hot start and he can open up some more room for Nedved to move around with the puck.

As for Primeau coming back/not coming back... I think this move does speak a little bit about the situation. If moved to the IR, Primeau's salary comes off the books and frees up a little bit more cap space to add a 5/6 blueliner and/or a bottom 6 winger a la Sillinger.

Still not a huge fan of the Savage signing as he isn't producing at all and he's still taking up valuable PP time from guys like Carter & Richards. Best-case scenario we can clear his salary off the books much in the way they did with Hack-job a couple years ago... "Here you go Brian, one dose of vertigo and voila, your contract disappears." Waiving Therien would definitely be a good move too (with Joni and Rico slated to return soon and Meyer and Jones playing pretty respectably)... at least banish him to the AHL. If he has a two-way contract, it'll count for less in the "A" than it would here. Eager needs to come back up too, I don't think the Flyers have won since he was demoted back to the Phantoms.