Thread: Ty Rattie Watch
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
I still see Rattie as a trade-chip more than a future Blue. If he could land us a stud defensive prospect in exchange, I'd pull the trigger in a nano-second. I think the offense depth on the big club makes it really, really difficult for Rattie to break through. The pro roster is ridiculously young and Schwartz & Tarasenko are going to really have their work cut out to make the club, but are still a notch ahead of Rattie...though the latter has closed the gap somewhat with his development this season.
Let's see what happens over the next 2 years. Rattie seems to be a more solid prospect than even the scouts and experts figured. His game is improving all the time. He has TERRIFIC vision and offensive sense. Once he grows into his body, learns to play defence, and adapts to the pro game, he might be a first-line forward. I don't think The Blues will get back the "potential" value of Rattie in a trade before he's bulked up and reached the pros. Better to let his accelerated improvement continue to increase his value. He might end up being a special player. As he's on an exponential improvement track. So, let's not trade him before he's worth a lot more.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote