View Single Post
Old
01-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmob450
I just hope that Nedved won't be a cancer in the locker room. He definitly doesn't seem like a protypical Flyer.

But i trust Clarkie...and believe the Flyers are a better team today than yesterday.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost
I dont mind this trade other then the monetary situation. However looking at it, Clarkies got some moves he can make to free up some space, such as Sim ($450,000), Savage ($500,000), Ellison ($583,000), Storr and maybe even Turner Stevenson.
Ellison's money doesn't count since he's on the Phantoms. And Savage is now offically useless, so he's probably going to be gone.

According to this article from a few days ago, the Flyers are up against the cap:

Quote:
At this time, the Flyers are technically over the salary cap by about $200,000 because of injuries. They have been forced to call up Phantoms players and keep them with the NHL club for practices. So they still will have to shed some salary.
The acquisition of Nedved means either:

-someone pricey is going to be moved (Handzus?)

-those numbers aren't right

-Seidenberg's money counts against the cap because he was on the roster from day 1, but Nedved's doesn't because he's an "injury replacement" for Primeau/Desjardins, so they've actually corrected that issue. This is probably the explanation.