View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Not at all. I can certainly respect your position on that, however, past history and when I worked with people who were within the Predators organization (that I still keep in touch with I might add) have told me certain things about Poile's deadlines, I find a serious amount of discrepancy between what Poile tries to do and what Poile actually does. Now part of that is the price, part of that is him trying to find the absolute perfect piece. While that isn't a bad thing, and this is conjecture on my part, I think he tries to hard to make the absolute PERFECT deal rather than settling for a good deal and taking some slightly more risky maneuvers. Again, this conjecture on my part based on the things I have heard from other people who are much closer to him than I am, including one of our professional scouts.
The "inside information" was what makes your initial comments credible. If you had referenced sources inside the Preds organization, I would have accepted your post without question. The premise being -- Poile says one thing publicly, but tends to hesitate and not completely follow through.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote