View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 02:08 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersbaby View Post
its amazing to me that the same people who dont want nash think that richards is worth the contract he has and is playing up to it. nash is a huge upgrade over dubi. he is a shoe in for team canada in socci and if canada could enter 3 teams richards and dubi would not make any of them. sorry but everyone else is gonna upgrade by the deadline and if we stand pat and get knocked out early every one will want sathers head for not making a deal. not saying they need to give the farm away but for dubi, miller, erixon and 1st throw in wolski for the cap dump. sather would be crazy not to do it.
1- I've seen very few people saying they are happy with Richards' current production. What I HAVE seen (and done) are people saying we need to have patience. Richards needed a full season to adjust the last time he was traded, and he followed it up with the best season of his career. He's also got a track record as a playoffs beast. Richards is worth his contract--he has a history of putting up PPG production. Nash has a history of NOT living up to his contract. People love to bring up team Canada. When a player can only produce when surrounded by the best players in the world, that's not a good thing. Look at the Rangers' roster. This ain't team Canada.

2- Not arguing that Dubinsky is better than Nash, but Dubinsky on his contract is better than Nash on his contract. I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other guy--would you be okay paying a guy 3.5 million to score 15-20 points? And that's JUST looking at the offense (not taking into account the defense, PKing and grit).