View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
The point is people are complaining about what Nash's cap hit does to the Rangers and that they dont want to trade any assets to get him. They're saying they should keep their assets and just go out and sign Parise which just costs money. This may be the better move but it puts the Rangers in a much worse situation with the cap. Thats not something you can disagree with. If the Rangers trade Duby + for Nash they are taking on $3.6 million dollars as opposed to $7 million with keeping Duby and signing Parise. So either way they are going to have to trade someone in order to keep their RFA's in 2 offseasons.
I argue that it does not put us in a worse situation with the cap, so I respectfully disagree with it. You say you don't want to go all the way to the cap which would be the case if we kept Dubinsky while adding Nash. My point is that when the time comes Dubinsky is essentially a liquid asset that can be moved to clear the necessary space. Worst case he's just waived and sent to CT (he doesn't have a NMC as far as I know.) He has no effect on the cap (as long as Parise fits too) beyond being a temporary hold on it. As long as we are prepared to move him later there's no reason not to keep him for now if we can.