View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Sports1131

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
The glory days are dead. The Habs have since transformed into being mediocre yet loud and obnoxious team with one deep run once in a while. But Cup is never in sight because their players are simply full of mediocrity. It's time to change that and get another lottery playmaker to complement our lone lottery playmaker(Price).
Maybe I'm the only one but I think a Stanley Cup win would be somewhat cheapened by having our best players handed to us due to being one of the worst teams in the league. I'm sure Penguins fans would disagree, but I think it would be much more satisfying to see the team built with shrewd moves and players exceeding expectations.

Getting a better draft pick by finishing lower in the standings is a consolation prize, not something to strive for. I don't think this year's team is good enough to go on the run necessary to get into the playoffs at this point, but I certainly want to see them try. Win today, get four back, and who knows what happens. If the 2011-2012 Canadiens manage to squeak into the playoffs they'll do so with an awful lot of momentum.