View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 03:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
The habs still miss Streit and the Isles "overpayment" looks pretty good now.

Diaz has good games but he has problems dealing with big forwards. Still not sure what his upside is. On the one hand it's his first year, on the other he is already 25 and could be peaking.

Weber is younger than Diaz (edit) and had a better junior career than Subban, but he is also smaller. Question is whether the real Weber is the guy who played some amazing hockey or the guy who then went on a massive decline. I suspect Weber is one of the many young guys (Lats, Sergei, O'Byrne, D'Agostini, Maxpac...) who had problems, at least initially with Martin's methods. I would be interested to see how he does with a coach who has confidence in him.

The habs need to dump an offensive D-man or two and acquire or graduate one or two guys who can play physically and eat minutes. Question is which guys to keep. Could well be Diaz, and they have to make up their mind soon. The isles might make a serious offer for Weber or Diaz if the habs need to dump one.
Weber seems to have higher highs and lower lows than Diaz in my opinion. Which is what I'm sure is taking so long for the team to decide what the best course of action is. Weber definitely has the edge in the PP department and in terms of physicality. He isn't a beast by any means, but he does sometimes play with a chip on his shoulder which you never see from Diaz.

I used to be quite high on Weber, and I still like the player. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to give up on him yet.. I'd really like to see Campoli dealt ASAP and let Weber play regularly the rest of the way so we can establish the pecking order for next season and who should stay and potentially go.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote