View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Krautso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
Why would you say that? I watch the Habs whenever Ottawa isn't playing. Anyway, no point discussing this with you.

Yes. I don't like seeing athletes get hurt, no matter who they play for or what might've happened before. There is, for the most part, a certain respect between players regardless of which team they play for. Price and Thomas seemed to be getting along just fine at last year's ASG.

While I get the booing Chara and all, I just don't get cheering on a possible injury. What happened to Pacioretty last year was awful and scary and you hate to see that happen to players. I don't for a second think that Chara meant to injure a fellow hockey player. Did it warrant a suspension?Perhaps, it was a reckless play. But regardless of who might get hurt, it should never be cheered.
Chara may not have intended to injure Max but he sure didn't have any respect for him or his safety when he pushed him into the stanchion. Then he failed to have any respect for the intelligence of the NHL or its fans when he claimed he didn't know where he was on the ice or who he was playing against.

A hockey crowd is not going to "be the bigger man" and show Chara respect when he gets hit by a puck and falls to the ice, in what was obviously not a serious incident because its the classy thing to do. Hell to hear Chara tell it, he doesn't even know where he is or who he is playing against 1/2 the time so I doubt he was even aware of the cheering.