View Single Post
Old
01-20-2006, 06:17 PM
hockeynutz

vCash: 500
this was posted on another board by a 5-year monarchs STH. it pretty much sums up how most monarchs fans feel about Giuls:

Quote:
It was just a matter of time. Each year Jeff got better. I remember speaking with BB about it one night and he reinforced what he said about Jeff. That he thought he had the ability and the speed to have the Kings bring him up to see what he could do at the NHL level, specifically for his hustle on penalty killing at a minimum. But his pure hustle gave him an edge over other players with the exception of the big scorers.

For some players, they have to play at the higher level in order to understand it and adjust to it. I think Jeff is one of those kind of players. He was given the chance to play at the AHL level and he responded to it and got better each year. Now he's being given a shot at the NHL and with each game he seems to be responding to the higher level of play. If he didn't have the work ethic he has, he probably wouldn't be able to do it but because he works so hard everytime he's on the ice...he learns and gets better each game.

I agree we won't see him again in Manchester but I'm glad we got the chance to see him over the last several years. Good luck Jeff and keep up the great work and effort. We'll continue to follow your career there.