View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You can't look at it that way because you are insinuating that Ellis should hold the top PP spot over Weber. Bottom line is of our 4 PP men, Ellis is the least important and he isn't a "major reason" why our PP is good this year.

I think I read somewhere that Kostitsyn will take over the 2nd unit point, not Bouillon.
That's not what I'm insinuating. You were trying to make a case Ellis isn't an important PP member but in reality he is. The stats don't lie. Ellis is getting quite a bit more PP time than Josi so one can make the reasonable assumption that the coaches rate him the 3rd most important D-man for the PP.

Right now the coaches are hoping the increased stability of having more steady Vets outweighs the abilities that Ellis brings to the game. It might or it might not. Personally I don't care as long as we win. But there is no doubt the 2nd PP will suffer especially if Boullion is manning that point. Obviously the second unit isn't as important as the first but I don't think Trotz sends the 2nd unit out there with 40 seconds to a minute left on the PP expecting them just to be fodder wasting time until the PP is over.

Bottom line is just the threat of having Ellis's abilities on the PP makes the PP overall much more dangerous. Perhaps it won't be a big deal or maybe it will. Maybe SK will do a good job on the point. I know he did it in Junior and when he was with the Habs. After watching Sully at the point though I can't help but be a little apprehensive of forwards playing the PP point. I hope those fears are put to rest.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote