View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 06:11 PM
rangersbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Realistically the Rangers will be losing Chris Krieder, potentially Derek Stepan, and maybe others. I know that Ranger fans think it's crazy to give the guy who his probably their best prospect, and their unequivocal best young player, but this is Rick Nash. It's worth it. Back in 1994, I thought they were nuts for trading Tony Amonte and Mike Gartner at the deadline, but they wound up with the Stanley Cup. This year, even with the subtraction of Derek Stepan and perhaps another player, Rick Nash puts them over the top as a Cup contender right away.

Do I think Stepan will go? Definitely not, but if he's the one who Scott Howson is stuck on, and rightfully so, this is what could prevent Nash from becoming a Ranger. Howson does not HAVE to trade Rick Nash. He's under contract, and he's nothing more than a hotly rumored player on the move, but that doesn't mean he's moving. If he is dealt, it will be a blockbuster deal, not a few rowboats for the battleship. It will cost the Rangers Derek Stepan, Chris Krieder, and more. The Rangers are serious players in a potential trade for Rick Nash, but it will cost. Personally, I think he's worth it.
the trade doesnt work without dubis salary. they need the cap relief there is no way they trade him for stepan...he is on an elc and putting up the same numbers as richards at 1/10th the price.