View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Tim Tebow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Whoa, what.

I never thought of the jersey number thing before.

Yeah, Carter's cap numbers are scary, but so are Bryz's. You could make a very strong case that Jeff Carter was a better all-around player than Rick Nash before this year. Carter's NTC was terminated by the trade. Both players have hit so far rock bottom that both of them eventually have to rebound. Coming back here without Richards would have to be startling in certain ways for Carter, I have no idea if it would be good or bad for him as a hockey player and how he would handle it. We would have insane forward depth and solve a lot of our defensive issues down the middle by putting Briere on Carter's wing.
Haha I was reaching a bit sarcastically. Ryan Howard is engaged to one of Jeff Carter's ex's, he didn't actually steal her though to my knowledge. (source: I know the girl from high school)

I actually do think Carter would step up his game a bit just being happy about being out of Columbus. But I do worry about the locker room chemistry. Obviously he has numerous friends here still but some guys didn't waste time leaking stories to the media hurting him and Richards images. Plus as we saw Carter is terrible in the playoffs.

Call me crazy but I would actually rather hold out and see how Bryz does in the playoffs over Carter returning.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote