View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerbaby View Post
how many blue jacket games do you actually watch to state he doesnt bring the off the score sheet differences...

3.5 million for the extra 21pts doesnt really sit that well with me but when you factor in 18 of those 21 points are goals that actually makes quite a difference.

I catch about 10 CBJ games per season (I live out in the Southern Tier, so I'm closer to Ohio than I am to the City these days). As I've said on the main board, Nash may play differently in the other 72 games, but every time I've seen him, he's been lazy on the backcheck, and a terrible floater. It's clear that he has the talent, but he lets it out on his terms, and that terrifies me at 7.8 million (it goes completely against the culture of this team). They aren't in the same category, obviously, but Wolski is another guy who has a ton of talent and has put up 65 points before. I can see Nash having a similar experience here (again, to a lesser extent). Call it heart, drive, whatever--I just don't see it in Rick Nash. Again, though, I only see him about 10 times per season, so it's possible (though unlikely) that I just happen to keep catching his worst games of the season.