View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Kid Canesten

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Haha no, and I wasn't serious about those "standards".

I said it when he made the decision to not come over despite the Sens admittedly trying to convince him to....I think Silfverberg's issue was that he's very smart. Either he's got a good grip on himself or he's getting some really good guidance from somewhere.

This kid wants to play in the league, his favourite teams going into the draft were listed at Ottawa and Detroit....he's certainly enthused about playing in the NHL and playing in Ottawa. But after all this, he decided to take it slow.

He accomplished all those things and now he's ready...you don't see many kids turn down the NHL when it comes calling, unless they don't want to be there. This kid wants to be there, and he wanted to be truly ready. It's a process that many kids have been rushed through....but not one where prospects choose to be "anti-rushed".

For this reason, how he enters the league and transitions to the league will be interesting for anyone that has a take on how player development and paths to the NHL should be handled. This kids legitimately about as mature as you can be before coming to the NHL, while still being a young player that has room to grow.

Like I said before, he's either very mature, or he's at least mature enough to listen to someone giving him some really sound guidance.
perfectly said

Kid Canesten is offline   Reply With Quote