View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
If we were talking about Kovalchuk instead of Nash, a lot more people would be on board. Kovalchuk has a great cap hit with better production. A bunch of you guys ripped him apart last season. He's playing terrific hockey the last season and a half. He's worth every penny of his cap hit, and the assets they actually traded for him . . . that trade worked out beautifully for them. It was a huge ripoff. They got screwed for crossing an imaginary line. They broke no actual rules. They were just the next in a long line of teams taking one step further into working their way around the system.

If Parise cares about winning, then he would only leave the Devils to go to Detroit or the Rangers, but I don't see him ditching the Debbies for Broadway. It's not in his character. Otherwise, NJ is better than any of other targets he's been linked to. And if Crosby doesn't get healthy, the Devils will be able to fight the Pens and Flyers every year for 2nd place in the division for the next few years.

I'd obviously take Parise over Nash, but I'm not holding my breath. I wish we could trade for Kovalchuk. Now that's a trade I could get excited for.
Nash has less years. and i don't want kovalchuk for a million years,