View Single Post
Old
02-19-2012, 06:51 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Lin has Rondo like potential, but he just needs some time. He has the same things Rondo does and more. The sky is the limit with him, but he needs time to develop at this point. To me, his turnovers are because there is nobody else on the roster that will handle the ball later in the clock and at any point during the possession. When Melo comes back and Baron can spell him, expect his numbers to dip, as well as the turnovers. Can he be a 20pt-7ast guy with Melo out there? Sure, and that's what I can see him becoming.
I have had this discussion with others on a Knicks forum...I really think Lin's game resembles the most of a Tony Parker/Steve Nash fusion.

He has Parker's offensive ability and the way he can take over the game it can lead and impact this team is the same as when Parker won the Finals MVP. However, parker was not this good of a passer and outside shooter...That's where Nash's IQ, vision, passing comes in.

Rondo's fire is in Lin also, but Rondo sucks from the outside and is probably better in the paint.