View Single Post
Old
01-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
70 pts for a defensman? Nicklas Lidstrom was the last one to do it and for Joni to do that at twenty-two....that would be jaw dropping. I'm just hoping he comes back hungry and with full mobility.
I honestly think he was capable of that with the way he was playing. Remember that Joni got off to a pretty slow offensive start, which caused some to question his offensive ability. He then turned it on in a big way and was close to a PPG when he was injured. This is the 2nd season that he's shown he can flat out carry a PP (his rookie season he was the one change to a PP that went from bottom 10 to top 2) and I don't see any reason why he would've stopped producing offensively. Even with missing 20 games, I could still see him eclipsing that 50 point barrier because he's just so good offensively, but only if Forsberg is healthy. His offensive upside is higher than any d-man in the game, imo.

The thing that his injury has really shown me is that he is without a doubt the 2nd most important player to the Flyers success. The Flyers are forced to play a different style when he's not in the lineup. When he's on the ice he is always a threat, I can't wait to get him back in the lineup as full strength.