View Single Post
Old
01-21-2006, 11:33 AM
pumpy tudors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjdv
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Nedved isn't staying long. There are two rumors floating around that A) the Pens were looking into picking up Nedved and B) the Flyers were interested in bringing Recchi back. I think Rex is making approx. 2.25 mil. Its possible that the Pens are looking for a shake up but not quite ready to throw in the towel. Add in, that I don't think Rex would want to go anywhere else but Philly or Pitts at this stage of his career (he was going to finish out his contract in Pitts and retire). Plus, the fact that Clarke can add Nedved's salary but not Recchi's (at least not in a similar trade for a cheap rookie like Meyer or Jones). So maybe Clarke went out and picked up a player that the Pens have some interest in (nobody here thinks guys like Savage or Therien have any trade value!), that they couldn't get for any of their own prospects (certainly not any defense prospects because I don't think the Pens have any) and maybe there is another trade brewing...

Something like Nedved and either Jones, Meyer or some draft picks for Recchi...

and maybe Clarke even threw in a free plane ticket to get Nedved to Pittsburgh to sweeten the deal!!!

I hope we don't bring Recchi back...next thin g you know we will be looking to get LeClair back too. They are both DONE. Get over it.