Old
02-20-2012, 09:29 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
What are you drinking?

Anyway, no way I see McPhee ready to throw in the towel on the season when we're close. Can't believe so many fans here ARE ready to throw in the towel.
The one "glaring" issue that's missing from your response and much of this thread is the health of one Nicklas Backstrom. Whether we will see Backstrom again in a Capitals sweater this season is still the great unknown. Furthermore, with the return of Mike Green to the team, I suggest that Caps fans take a trip on over to Cap Geek and get a look at the Caps budget. The team now has less than 1 million cap room, so forget about any transactions to improve this team.

So if the team makes the playoffs its with this roster and if it moves forward its with this roster. Could this current roster take one or two playoff series without Backstrom? Possibly. Could this team make it to the ECF without Backstrom? Highly unlikely. So do you keep Wideman in the event that the team makes the playoffs and we can get to play in one or two playoff series and then Wideman can go on his merry way or do you trade him now and obtain assets that might serve as currency to acquire the likes of a Tyutin in the off season. The latter is the option that I think is best for the Caps.