View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 08:57 AM
BluejacketNut

vCash: 500
My opinion on the Columbus market is its a "sports market", which is true for many other cities as well. Win and people will come out and watch, lose, and you probably wont get much support short of giving bargain basement prices....which pisses me off being a STH and making my tickets worthless. I wanted to respond to the emails about the $10 tickets with "can I change the price of my tickets I paid full price for to $10?!" I definitely would not consider Columbus a "hockey market"...hockey markets are created if there's a culture of hockey in its past, which Columbus does not have (Chill and Owls are a small blip in Columbus' history). Now thats not to say it cant be successful, but if you dont put out a winning product, dont be surprised at the lack of support you will get. The large majority of Columbus does not give a crap about the Bluejackets or if they stay or not....most of us here know the benefits, but the majority doesnt care because they have no connection with hockey.

This organization is a joke, and its proven Jagr's comment to be correct when you're as bad as we are, but yet no one is held responsible. Winning is only a talking point for this org, not an expectation. Everyone is wanting to trade Nash as if he's the problem....trading Nash will not make Howson a good GM.