View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
brewins09

vCash: 500
Thought I would pass on some good news about the P B's. The team and its prospects seem to be put down by a lot of HF'ers but they are playing really well as of late and prospects are looking like prospects again. They beat Hershey (a very good AHL team) 6-0 Friday and had a nice win on Sunday. As of this weekend they are only a point out of a playoff spot. The lines have been consistent and there seems to be some chemistry among players. Whitfield, Robbins and MacDermid are a solid checking line (Mac and Robbins will fight as well), and Camper (hat trick Sunday!), Hamill and Ridderwall are skating well and producing points (Ridderwall 3 assists Sunday). Sauve returned Friday night and is on the wing with Arniel and Cunningham. He looked good and really added to the lineup.That line was really exciting- very high speed- with all three getting a number of chances this past weekend. Arniel is far better at centre than wing, gets to use his speed. Bit of a forgotten prospect lately, but is playing like last year when he was talked about a lot as a call up. MacDonald, Mackinnon, and Tardif are also playing well together, Tardif having a nice scoring touch and MacDonald always works hard. You've also got Hennessy (up with big Bruins) who takes a centre spot and Riendeau who scored a few lately. All in all a pretty good forward group and showing real improvement as the season progresses.
Defence has been pretty good, but needs to cut down on its turnovers. A few costly ones on the weekend. As a group though they are really starting to come around (I don't watch them as much as I do the forwards and can't really comment on individual play too much). A lot better decisions are being made though, especially in the offensive zone.
Khudobin and Hutchison have been solid with both picking up wins this weekend.
Hopefully the PB's can keep it going - tough weekend ahead with 3 in 3, all on the road.