Thread: Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars and GBR: #57 vs. Columbus
View Single Post
Old
02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Pugs35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Didn't catch the game, but how did Hagelin look? He got 19 mins at even strength, but is still not entrusted on special teams.

The reason I'm asking is beside my impression that he makes every line he plays on "go", I've looked at his underlying stats which are pretty freaking good.

He only plays ES, where he is leading the team by far in points per minute (scoring at the same rate as Jagr and D. Sedin), his +/- is far superior to his linemates' and to top it off he's been very clutch. 8/9 of his goals have been when the score is tied or only a goal separates the teams, 8/9 goals have been in the 2nd or 3rd period with 5 of them being in the 3rd.
I think you have to take into account that Carl is still a rookie from the NCAA used to playing like 50 games a year. I have no doubt that he'll eventually be a fantastic PKer for us, but no need to burn him out in his first pro season.

1. Del Zotto was an absolute stud tonight.
2. Stepan was fantastic on the forecheck and had the puck a whole heck of a lot, not sure what people are complaining about with him.
3. Hagelin, his usual self, love this kid.

I thought the Rangers dominated the game, and if not for some over-passing and bad bounces (or ticks of the clock) the game wouldn't have been in question.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote